September 21, 2017, 09:55:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New DKP bonuses implemented!

Home   Help Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sojak - 80 Warlock App  (Read 3378 times)
sojak

« on: June 20, 2009, 12:39:52 pm »

Character name: Sojak

Character Class / Level / Race: Warlock / 80 /Undead

Player Age: 18

Do you want to apply for a raider position (yes/no)? yes

Please provide a link to this character if available: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Sojak

Please provide a link to a recent WWS report with this character in it:
     (if you do not know what that is please say so)
I don't have one at all :/ There was one on the final empire site, but I can't find that site anymore since the guild broke up.

Please provide a brief description of your current spec and it's usefulness in raids:
My current spec is a bit PvP based cause that's mostly what I do now, but it still provides some usefulness in raids. I can push good DPS with this spec, and I don't need that much healing with soul leech.

What do you consider to be one most important talent for your spec and why?
Definitely ruin, cause without it my dps would probably suck.

Could you explain one fundamental skill for playing your class effectively, and give an example how you use this?
Knowing how to keep chaos bolt and conflag on CD, and you can do it by using them.

Do you have any previous raiding experience in 25 man content?
Yes, I've killed everything except Ulduar bosses.

How do you typically prepare for a raid, what consumables/buffs do you bring?
flask pure death, +damage food, brilliant wizard oil, and mana pots

Please list your professions along with any rare or special patterns:
n/a

Have you been in any other guilds (please list them)?
OG, Final Empire, caligo hora

Do you know anyone in Invalid Target?
yes, I know a few people.

What type of computer / internet connection do you have?
I have a decent compaq computer, cable connection

Are you easily offended, does crude humor upset you at all?
naw

How often do you play WoW (please list your typical play schedule)?
A play mostly everyday, usually late at night. But if there is a raid I'll be there for that given time.

Besides attending raids how would you be an asset to this guild?
I can summon you places, and can make healthstones. And I will duel you. That's about it.

Do you enjoy theorycrafting (discussing WoW fundamentals and min/max number crunching)?
I've never really gotten into it that much but if I started raiding I would

What are your favorite user interface addons for WoW?
DoT Timer, questhelper : P

Do you read any WoW related forums regularly (please list them)?
just wow official forums, and elitistjerks

What is the main reason you want to join <Invalid Target>?
To raid!

Please tell us what you think about bacon?
it's good, i had a bacon sandwhich yesterday

You have two jars, 50 red marbles and 50 blue marbles. A jar will be picked at random, and then a marble will be picked from the jar. Placing all of the marbles in the jars, how can you maximize the chances of a red marble being picked?  What are the exact odds of getting a red marble using your scheme? Explain your answer.
put all the blue marbles in first, and put the red ones in the top part of the jar. only pick from the top. 100% chance of grabbing a red marble, woo
Aynrand
Guild Officer

Love your periods!

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 01:12:54 pm »

This character doesn't appear to be ready for Ulduar.  No hodir rep, no shoulder enchant, no head enchant, sub-optimal enchants in some slots, a few pieces of gear that could use improvement, and no professions.

AynRand - Blood Elf Paladin
sojak

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 01:51:02 pm »

This character doesn't appear to be ready for Ulduar.  No hodir rep, no shoulder enchant, no head enchant, sub-optimal enchants in some slots, a few pieces of gear that could use improvement, and no professions.

My enchants aren't bad -- they're just not the best enchants possible for a few slots such as bracers (I could get 7 more spell power with another enchant) and my weapon (I could get 13 more sp with another enchant). I should get another cloak enchant though, I'm probably about to do that as once as I log in. But yeah, I'm working on all the other stuff - specifically the sons of hodir. I just started the quest chain a few days ago. I'm willing to dedicate myself to working on these things even more if given a raid spot -- it will be my top priority to get the rep needed for these things.
Aynrand
Guild Officer

Love your periods!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:46:07 am »

I'll be honest.  A lot on you application raises red flags for me. 

Starting from the top:

You said your spec is pvp based.  We expect people to do maximum DPS in pve, and thus we expect a full pve spec.

When asked about consumables, you listed old world ones.  Flask of pure death isn't top noch anymore, and brilliant mana oil, which in addition to being sub-optimal for a DPSer, oils no longer work in WoTLK.

You said you know a few people in invalid target.  Who?  Without names, it makes me think you're lying.

Your answers in general aren't long or well thought out.  For me that means you don't really care that much, and we are looking for people that are fully invested in raiding.

I'm not trying to be mean, just honest here.  Lying to you doesn't do either of us any good. 

sojak

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 05:11:36 pm »

I'll be honest.  A lot on you application raises red flags for me. 

Starting from the top:

You said your spec is pvp based.  We expect people to do maximum DPS in pve, and thus we expect a full pve spec.
If I raided I would definitely respec, it's just I don't have a guild right now and all I do really is PvP and a few pug raids here and there. Which is why I maintain a PvP spec until I get serious about raiding.

When asked about consumables, you listed old world ones.  Flask of pure death isn't top noch anymore, and brilliant mana oil, which in addition to being sub-optimal for a DPSer, oils no longer work in WoTLK.
Ok my fault, I should probably figure out what I need to bring.

You said you know a few people in invalid target.  Who?  Without names, it makes me think you're lying.
I didn't really mean I know them like talk to them everyday or something. But I've talked to Minez before and I know a few people I just see out dueling.

Your answers in general aren't long or well thought out.  For me that means you don't really care that much, and we are looking for people that are fully invested in raiding.
I would be fully invested in raiding. Sorry if my app doesn't reflect that, but in game I'd definitely be a dedicated raider.

I'm not trying to be mean, just honest here.  Lying to you doesn't do either of us any good. 
true hollar, I do look pretty stupid right now but it's worth a try.
Aynrand
Guild Officer

Love your periods!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 11:29:33 pm »

Its up to Plum at this point.

Snoozefest

50,000 Watts of Goodwill

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 06:18:30 am »

I didn't really mean I know them like talk to them everyday or something. But I've talked to Minez before and I know a few people I just see out dueling.

Who is Minez?

Snoozefest (Rogue, Swordsmith/Miner)
Faulenzer (Priest, Tailor/Enchanter)
Spca (Hunter, Alchemist/Herbalist)
Sofa (Warrior, Engineer/Miner)Brita (Mage, JC/Miner)
Plum
Guild Leader

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 07:46:35 am »

While its not out of the question for a person to apply to the guild on a character that still needs work and still earn a raid spot I don't feel that this app is one of those. You submitted an app for a character that clearly needed work in order to be raid ready but you did not call out these points or address them until questioned about it. I just feel that the effort put into filling out this application with useful information would be indicative of your performance in a guild as well.

I'm not trying to be mean with my response but please take it as constructive criticism should you decide to apply to another guild with similar high standards and expectation regarding it's members. In future applications point out the areas that you already know you need to fix and present a solution for how and when they will be fixed. It's really as simple as that.

Thanks for your time and best of luck to you in your guild search.

Plum  (Paladin)
  Hamburglar  (Shaman)
  Hesh  (Hunter)

Plum
Guild Leader

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 11:13:47 am »

I left this app up here as an example of a bad app.
True story.

Plum  (Paladin)
  Hamburglar  (Shaman)
  Hesh  (Hunter)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: