September 21, 2017, 09:55:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New DKP bonuses implemented!

Home   Help Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radrenna - Invalid Target Application  (Read 922 times)
Radrenna

« on: February 22, 2011, 03:46:28 pm »

<Invalid Target> Application for guild membership

Character name:  Radrenna

Character Class / Level / Race:  Paladin/85/Blood Elf

Player Age:  33

Do you want to apply for a raider position (yes/no)?  Yes

Please provide a link to this character if available:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/radrenna/simple

Please provide a link to a recent world of logs report or other wow combat meter with this character in it:  I do not know what this is
     (if you do not know what that is please say so)

Please provide a brief description of your current spec and it's usefulness in raids:  Protection Paladin, I've honed my skills in Cata doing the random heroics and feel it's time to move to the next level.  My off-spec is Retribution, I am still working to master those skills at this time.

What do you consider to be one most important talent for your spec and why?  Hammer of Righteous, this is the best threat generation outside of Righteous Fury.

Could you explain one fundamental skill for playing your class effectively, and give an example how you use this?  Rotation is fundamental, if you do not know your proper rotation you will never be able to keep up with threat management and other cool downs.

Do you have any previous raiding experience in 25 man content?  No, other than PUGs

How do you typically prepare for a raid, what consumables/buffs do you bring?  Standard Heal/Mana potions mostly, have not had much experience yet

Please list your professions along with any rare or special patterns:  Blacksmithing/Mining.  Still kinda low

Have you been in any other guilds (please list them)?  None worth mentioning

Do you know anyone in Invalid Target?  Yes, Azmaveth

What type of computer / internet connection do you have?  PC, Intel Quad Core, 8G RAM, ATI Radeon 8800GT, 50/5 Cable Modem

Are you easily offended, does crude humor upset you at all?  I embrace Crude humor, not easily offended

How often do you play WoW (please list your typical play schedule)?  Nightly after kids are off to bed, generally after 8:30, until 11:00.  I take a few days off during the week.

Besides attending raids how would you be an asset to this guild?  I don't mind picking up other members in the guild to do the heroic randoms (I've already been doing this). 

Do you enjoy theorycrafting (discussing WoW fundamentals and min/max number crunching)?  I enjoy the results, I've not been able to commit any free time to figuring out how to operate the various programs.

What are your favorite user interface addons for WoW?  TauntMaster, Playerscore, Auctioneer, Deadly Boss Mods, Titan Panel

Do you read any WoW related forums regularly (please list them)?  Wowhead, Tentonhammer

What is the main reason you want to join <Invalid Target>?  I'm already in it, I just want to be on the raid list

Please tell us what you think about bacon?  Best food . . . ever.  Bacon goes with anything and is a staple in my house.  And god love the man who invented pre-cooked microwaveable bacon, way to cut down on the time to cook.

You have two jars, 50 red marbles and 50 blue marbles. A jar will be picked at random, and then a marble will be picked from the jar. Placing all of the marbles in the jars, how can you maximize the chances of a red marble being picked?  What are the exact odds of getting a red marble using your scheme? Explain your answer.

50/50, either the jar with all the red marbles will be picked or the jar with all the blue marbles will be picked.

inter urinas et faeces nascimur
Akarai
Raid Leader

Wayward Priest

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:56:52 pm »

Can you please further elaborate on these questions?  Like, what is your rotation, why do you use it, why is it useful? Etc..

Please provide a brief description of your current spec and it's usefulness in raids:  Protection Paladin, I've honed my skills in Cata doing the random heroics and feel it's time to move to the next level.  My off-spec is Retribution, I am still working to master those skills at this time.

What do you consider to be one most important talent for your spec and why?  Hammer of Righteous, this is the best threat generation outside of Righteous Fury.

Could you explain one fundamental skill for playing your class effectively, and give an example how you use this?  Rotation is fundamental, if you do not know your proper rotation you will never be able to keep up with threat management and other cool downs.

Can't get a nice hard vag up the ass, now can you?
<Plum> Your mom is a gear check.
Radrenna

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 06:29:57 pm »

depends on the mob, and situation.  IF CC is called for I'll mark the targets to be CC'd then pull using Hand of Reckoning, that way the CC will not be broken.  Immediately follow up with consecrate to get threat on multiple targets ASAP.  Then go into rotation of Hammer of the Righteous/Avenger's sheild/HotR/holy wrath/HotR/Sheild of the Righteous, rinse/repeat, of course throw in the judgement on the next round and watch cooldowns and procs for Avenger's Sheild.  I constantly remark my target when mobs die so I can assure that everyone is attacking the same target as I am (for people that don't pay attention and whatnot).  IF CC is not required, I'll pull with avenger's shield, then start the rotation based on priority. 

The only thing that I switch up for single target fights is instead of HotR, I'll use Crusader Strike, and prioritize the judgement ahead of consecration.

I tend to change my Seal based on the strength/deficiencies of the group, I perfer to run with the Seal of Truth.   Same thing with the Aura, depends on the situation.

I do spam Hammer of Wrath as much as possible when the target is less than 20%  and I'll throw in the interrupts (arcane pwer/hammer of justice) when the situation calls for it.

There's many other abilities I use depending on the  situation, most of which has to do with threat reduction on party members and surviveability.

I do enjoy tanking since you need to pay attention to many variables.  I've played other classes that all you end up doing is using three to four of your abilities and that's it.

Thanks for reviewing my information.

inter urinas et faeces nascimur
Azmaveth

Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »

Radrenna is one of my "real life" friends guilded under the "friends and family" policy.  He has been working on developing tanking skills on his paladin for the past few months, but he also has a mage (not as well geared though).  I've grouped with him quite a bit in heroics with him tanking and he does a great job.  He has my recommendation.

Aynrand
Guild Officer

Love your periods!

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 02:32:31 pm »

Sorry, this has gotten lost in the flurry of things going on lately...  Right now we aren't looking for another tank.

AynRand - Blood Elf Paladin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: