June 24, 2017, 04:30:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New DKP bonuses implemented!

Home   Help Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 1193 times)
Deathrall

« on: October 01, 2011, 07:44:25 pm »

I bought a expensive laptop today and was told Battlefield 3 beta is open to the public...
At this point i went home immediately and put my new laptop aside to see if this was true. I'm in the process of downloading the game, through Origin, and will let you know my findings very, very, soon.

http://www.origin.com/us/freegames
Deathrall

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 10:42:58 pm »

confirmed - only 2 multi-player maps available, but all servers seem to be working.
Shrieker

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 11:06:26 pm »

BF3 will be my new time sink. Played a ton of BF2 back in the day. The beta I like but am hoping final retail release to be more polished which it should be. Only issue I wish they would have done differently is let the conquest map be open longer, was only able to test it out 2 days of the early access.

ʇǝbɹɐʇ pı1ɐʌuı ɟo ɹǝʞǝıɹɥs
Albullno

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 01:31:05 pm »

The Beta was intended to test the servers and not the game itself.  What you seen in the Beta was like 2 builds behind the current final one and it wasn't even using Frostbite.  Also from what I understand but can not confirm is that the beta didn't support crossfire which is good news for me since I'm running 2 cards.

The ranking up system you seen in beta is not what you will see in the retail.  It will take you a lot longer to rank up, estimates are 100 hours per kit to unlock everything and rank up.  If you have any other questions or concerns about the Beta let me know, I kind of have an inside scoop on some things but mostly only know what it is put out in EA news and their forums.

Arpium

Runnin' with the Hatchet

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:58:20 am »

The alpha and beta were both good chances to check out the game and get used to the maps. I really liked how they nerfed the 3d spotting system (Annoying noise to prevent spam) and the suppression system is alot of fun for us people who cant aim.

Kinda wish they kept some more vullgarities from the alpha though. Nothing like hearing your teammates say "What the fuck, we are getting raped in the ass over here!"
Albullno

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 02:13:57 pm »

I actually heard them say that in the beta except he yelled, "I'm getting fucked in the ass over here!"

Albullno

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 04:04:32 pm »

For anyone planning to play BF3 check this out if you haven't already

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/videos/mp-gameplay?sourceid=eag3152&om_u=2350442645&om_i=_BOoaGPB8eEzH-c

Deathrall

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 10:43:55 pm »

I don't think COD will top this multiplayer, BF3 is simply "best in class". Huge Maps, a balanced game (maps, classes, teams, etc.), a "real" multiplayer (up to 64 players), jets + tanks + choppers = win. Each and every conquest match I've played feels like that one epic Alterac Valley game i use to get once a month playing wow. If there are any flaws with this game, it's quickly overlooked. This game kicks ass.

Anyone else playing BF3 on PC?
origin id: Deathrall
Albullno

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »

Glad u like the game Deathrall.  My Origin name is BuddhaPie.  Sending ya a friends request

Erroneous

RAWR

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 04:26:29 pm »

I've got a few hours logged playing BF3...  You can add me bebop-skibble on origin.

"In the early days all I hoped was to make a living out of what I did best. But, since there's no real market for masturbation I had to fall back on my bass playing abilities." - Les Claypool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: